Set Lighting Technician's Handbook Comprehensive. Detailed. Practical. Set Lighting Technician's Handbook, Fourth Edition, is a friendly, hands-on manual covering the day-to-day practices, equipment, and tricks of the trade essential to anyone doing motion picture lighting, including the lamp operator, rigging crew, gaffer, best boy, or director of photography. This handbook offers a wealth of practical technical information, useful techniques, as well as aesthetic discussions.
The Set Lighting Technician's Handbook focuses on what is important when working on-set: trouble-shooting, teamwork, set protocol, and safety. It describes tricks and techniques for operating a vast array of lighting equipment including LEDs, xenons, camera synchronous strobes, black lights, underwater units, lighting effects units, and many others. Since its first edition, this handy on-set reference continues to be widely adopted as a training and reference manual by union training programs as well as top university film production programs.
New to the fourth edition:
* Detailed information on LED technology and gear
* Harmonized with union safety and training procedures
* All the latest and greatest DMX gadgets, including remote control systems
* Many new and useful lights and how to use them and troubleshoot them.
* New additions to the arsenal of electrical distribution equipment that make our sets safer and easier to power.
* More rigging tricks and techniques.
* the same friendly, easy to read style that has made this book so popular.