Havana Casas Particulares The following mini-guide is a list of some of the best and cheapest casas particulares in Havana. These are independent, privately owned apartments and rooms which can be rented throughout Cuba. Over the last decade, they have become very popular accommodation options for foreigners and tourists visiting the island. Not only are casas particulares cheaper than staying at state run hotels, but they also offer the opportunity to easily interact with Cuban hosts, while still maintaining privacy and independence.
All the casas particulares listed in this mini guide are located within the Vedado neighborhood of Havana. This is a fantastic neighborhood for foreigners because the apartments are well maintained and despite being close to the Havana action, Vedado is much less touristy than other neighborhoods. By renting one of the casas particulares presented in this guide, you will have the opportunity of experiencing Havana life from a local perspective, avoid tourist traps, and save a lot of money by not renting a room at an overpriced, state-run hotel.
Additional photos for all of the casas particulares mentioned in this guide, as well as guest comments, reviews and new additions can be found on the website www.BestCubaGuide.com.
The information presented in this guide was taken from the book Real Havana: Explore Cuba Like A Local And Save Money. This book is available at most online book retailers. It offers a complete description of all the information presented below.
In this mini-guide you will learn about:
● The benefits of renting a casa particular vs. staying at a state-run hotel.
● What you can expect when you rent a casa particular in Havana.
● Descriptions and details of the 3 main types of rental units in Cuba.
● Details on the Vedado neighborhood, considered by many as the best place in Havana for foreigners to stay.
● Reviews and photos of over 30 casa particular apartments in Vedado, Havana.
● Links to thousands of photos of Cuba and Havana